Saturday 20 November 2010

We have reached Whangarei, New Zealand.

Apologies for the downbeat nature of the last post, and thanks to all  who commented positively.

I am getting some repairs done here. Great place for that;  all minor ones really, apart from the generator which needs an overhaul.

Little things go wrong, not big ones. There is nothing as reliable as the Lugger main engine., which is as rugged as ever. Lone Wolf is still floating after 5000 miles, and I have a lot of respect for her.

The New Zealand Airforce came and checked us out 500 miles out. Ch. 16- "do you have any animals or weapons? (see pic) Quite hardcore- I hope for the sake of the NZ taxpayer, they didn't come all that way just for us...

The passage was calm, which is almost unheard of. It was rough just before we left, and just after we arrived. Thanks be to Neptune.

It's quite cold here, goodbye tropics. The customs guy was nice. I think the Kiwis are probably a pretty reasonable bunch, but I don't suppose one wants to take the piss with them.

It took five days and we were three, Aidrian, myself, and A Tongan called Tevita. He would have been really good in a crisis if we had had one, which we didn't, apart from some dirty dishes.


6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on a safe arrival.

    Where to next? or is this the end of leg 2?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ned...I can come aboard anytime now that we have snow today in Anacortes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ned,
    Welcome to New Zealand, I hope you enjoy your stay and take advantage of all the fabulous boating there is to do here.

    I am pleased we were able to send our entire Air Force out to greet you. There will be plenty of opportunity for you to reimburse the nation, boat bits, fine wine, great hospitality, we know every tourist encourages another to come down our way.

    If you need help just ask, everyone knows someone here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year, cousin! Where are you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. only preserved 40 years ago by the Friends of the Keighley and Price Pit Railways who’ve restored the point, today famous for their point pair of the Railway Children
    asikqq
    dewaqq
    sumoqq
    interqq
    pionpoker
    bandar ceme
    hobiqq
    paito warna terlengkap
    http://199.30.55.59/asikqq78/
    data hk 2019

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice information on here, I would like to share with you all my experience trying to get a loan to expand my Clothing Business here in Malaysia. It was really hard on my business going down due to my little short time illness then when I got heal I needed a fund to set it up again for me to begin so I came across Mr Benjamin a loan consultant officer at Le_Meridian Funding Service He asked me of my business project and I told him i already owned One and i just needed loan of 200,000.00 USD he gave me form to fill and I did also he asked me of my Valid ID in few days They did the transfer and my loan was granted. I really want to appreciate there effort also try to get this to anyone looking for business loan or other financial issues to Contact Le_Meridian Funding Service On Email: lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com / lfdsloans@outlook.com He also available on WhatsApp Contact:+1-9893943740.

    ReplyDelete