Wednesday 14 April 2010

2nd attempt to cross the Pacific

The generator is now fixed. It is an unfortunate and complicated sequence of events  that led to our problem. It is also miund-numbingly dull, and so even if I fully understood it, I would not relate it here.

We are off again first thing tomorrow morning; into rougher weather this time, coming at us. Fret not, followers- I went 800 miles last week, 300  of them without stabilizers. I'm an old sea dog now!

I bought a lot of broccoli and frozen veg and apples and potatoes, onions, turnips, limes and mangoes.
We have a great deal of food on board. We are confident. The boat is complex, but the systems are reliable for the most part, and we really don't anticipate any more major problems.

May these words not come back to haunt me




2 comments: